The two crenellated towers symbolize the fortified city and the status of the community. The Rautenschildchen refers to the town founder, Duke Ludwig II. (City status 1273) and the Wittelsbach rule city. A New Town Seal is the first time 1309 mentioned. Figuratively, it has been handed down in impressions 1334 with two square, down with a bar attached crenellated towers, between which hangs the sign of the Wittelsbach. That the oldest seal, the name of “Saeligenstadt” bear, be in their late emergence 13. Century close, because later it was the common name of New Town.
Posts Tagged ‘ Wappengeschichte ’
admin | June 22nd, 2010 | Category: Digital Library, Local History, Deed books & Cadastral | Comments Off