Rambow in the county of StolpOf admin | 29. July 2009 | Category: Local History | Comments Off
In the district of Stolp, there were two towns called Karstnitz, which were distinguished by the addition of German and Wendish each other. Wendisch Karstnitz received 1937 the name Ramnitz (Today Karznica) It lies east of Stolp Stolpe and Lupow between a brook, the Rambowbach, of the municipal area from south to north through the Lupow flows. The district consisted of the forest Rambower (Wendisch Karstnitzer forest) and arable land on either side of the creek. The road Lauenburger (Reichsstrasse 2) separated the Good Rambow in the north of the farm and village in the south of Wendisch Karstnitz.
Rambow occurs already at 13. Century in the light of history. It is 1282 mentioned in a document, in the Duke II Mestwin. the Stanislaus Church in Guard confirmed donations given by his father. 1531 It was owned by the Chorken. 1575, 1601 and 1605 been the fief of the Tessen Schmolsinschen goods – including Rambow. After the death of Schwantes of Tessen it came to the Duchess and the Erdmut of Chorken, it 1650 should have had. Then came Wendisch Rambow and Karstnitz 1724 in the possession of Grumkow. The Minister of State Philipp Otto von Grumbkow sold 1733 Ehrenreich to Joachim of Kettelhack, and from that they went to the family of von Kleist.
According to Brueggemann had Wendish Karstnitz to 1784 an outwork, six farmers, two cottagers, a blacksmith, a schoolmaster, and along with the beat Velsow, at that time also Felow, Schmolsin, Was called and Fistow Vilsow, fifteen fireplaces.
Rambow consisted of a small farm, a water mill, six farmers, three and fourteen cottagers fireplaces. The so-called property in the district of Stolp Karstnitzer, which in addition Wendisch Karstnitz, Virchenzin, Rambow and Velsow also Rumbske, Rowen and Zedlin were, acquired 1803 the Krockows.
While the goods Rumbsker, as they were later named, Krockows remained in family ownership of, Wendisch went Karstnitz, Rambow and Velsow 1855 to the family of Alexander von Wedel, and then click Livonius (gest. 1871) and his son Arthur (gest. 1904) about. Finally, the three estates were owned by the Lehmann family. The record Güteradreßbücher 1910/28 Dr. about. Engelhardt Lehmann Wendisch Karstnitz, Rambow and Velsow and 1938 Mrs A. Lehmann Ramnitz and P. R. Lehmann Rambow.
In 1938 the manor was Ramnitz 850 ha. It had 592 ha Ackerland, 36 hectares of meadows, 3 ha of pasture, 209 ha Wald, 8 ha yard, Unland and ways, 2 hectares of wetland and a herd of 45 Horses, 200 Head of cattle, 60 Sheep and 100 Pigs. The 714 acre estate consisted of Rambow 479 ha Ackerland, 16 hectares of meadows, 7 ha of pasture, 209 ha Holzungen, 2 ha Unland, Courtyard and paths and 1 ha of water surface. The cattle inventory totaled 35 Horses and 180 Head of cattle.
An escape from the advancing Russians were no longer residents of Ramnitz possible. They hid in the forest and returned Rambower the next day back in the village. The East Prussian refugees had left before the arrival of the Russians in the village panicked flight, it came after the occupation of new ones.
The Russians occupied Ramnitz in the evening hours of 8. March 1945. A Russian tank had a few shots, what the Germans fell back. “Have been raped as well as all women and girls more or less often.”
A few days after the occupation of the estate went to the pigsty in Ramnitz, Rambow in a barn and two large barn in flames. Among the wreckage was found the corpse of Mrs. Holm. The Russians are directed into a supply base Ramnitz. All cattle from the surrounding area was herded. 1950 , the Russians withdrew from Ramnitz.
The Poles could only be due to the Russian occupation 1950 take possession of the village. The residents were therefore only at a relatively late stage driven from their homes. The home tab has Pomerania 192 displaced villagers in the Federal Republic of Germany and 78 determined in the GDR. From the German, the Polish community Ramnitz Karznica.
War- and expulsion losses: 7 Fallen, 3 Civilian deaths and 36 Missing, all unsolved cases.
Rambow or Rębowo (German Rambow, Rãbòwò, also Rembòwò) in the Polish province of Pomerania. The District Slupski (Kreis Stolp)
Excerpt from the book: “The county of Stolp in Pomerania”
Evidence of its German past – Karl-Heinz Pagel
Genealog. Manual, Noble houses B, Band XI 1974, S. 256-257
Schultz, History of the Counts family Krockow'schen, S. 39-41
GDP. No UB. 339 = PUB 11 No.. 1237
PII UB Nr. 513 NR = pub III. 1685
Ost-Doc. 1 No.. 174, the. 471-474