News Ticker

Rambow in the community Plattenburg

The story says that Rambow at an age of about 650 Years can look back.

The typical residential Wendish cities- arrangements could prove it here. Rambow is named for the first time in 1415 In a letter. It is described on the following facts:

"The advice to Perleberg assumes the obligation for the church to Wilsnack (a former place of pilgrimage today, a spa town), to obtain a stable burning lamp. The wood for light was from a citizen, to Rambow bought for 100 Lubeck Penning"

During the 30 years war Rambow was totally cremated, only the massive church defied all annihilations. The inhabitants fled from the place, were detected by the pests, or brutally murdered. After 30 years of war in 1652 caused by the elector a census. A Samuel Ross was commissioned to. In Rambow were counted 7 People. There were only the males. In 1860 lived 205 Residents in the village, there were 45 Houses and 57 Farm buildings.

Kirche Rambow in der Gemeinde PlattenburgDeveloped into an imposing edifice, the church was to 1870. The east gable was a brick cladding. In West direction a steeple was built of fieldstone, extends beyond all the houses. The name interpretation has to “these, precipitate” back and thus gives an indication of a recurring Rodetätigkeit, which the settlers were here very often exposed.

After 30 years of war Rambow was scarcely populated and thus neglected the area and overgrown. Rambow covers an area of 697 has, the environment shape flat fields, Meadows and pine forests. Middle of the last century were discovered in Rambow lignite…But support was to 10 Set back years, because the coal had insufficient quality.

At 1889 is again a village fire an entire section in ruins. This was followed by a reconstruction, so that today large massive farmhouses decorate the village image.

Former blacksmith, Stellmacher, Carpenter, Stove fitters, Tiles and Schneider were represented by the end of the 50s in place. 1958 some trades have joined forces for the construction and upgrading. The joinery is still there in place. A school with a massive building of 1850, a great restaurant and a consumer but a thing of the past.

%d bloggers like this: