When the Kolberger salt plant has been built, we do not know. Its beginnings are lost in the medieval period and beyond in the prehistoric period. The first customer is in 1000 by Thietmar of Merseburg (+1018) of the bishop as Reinbern “salsae Cholbergiensis” designated. Even then so Kolberg was an important city. The name Kolberg is brought in connection with salt. The proponents of the Wendish and German derivation agree, that the city owes its name to the salt production. Die Landesherren von [...]
Archive for June 2010
The series published by the Historical Society of the Hanseatic history sources Stralsund city opened a book, which served the criminal justice. Even before the 14. Century, the site recorded in Stralsund by the court made fixations on single sheets of parchment. Only then was laid on its own for the reception of certain solidifications books: so in Rostock seit 1319, in Wismar since 1353 and since in Stralsund 1310, while they seem to be in Greifswald the old system of registration in the general city remained faithful to book. Veröffentlicht sind vollständige Verfestigungsbücher bisher nur [...]
The annual occupation of the council chair of the year 1344 to 1510. We know what went off councilors, which remained and which were re-elected. The material comes from the ranks of the urban witnesses certificates, the low- and uptown books, the privileges book, Combing the registers etc. Anyone who has been elected to the Council, time of his life was considered as a council man, even if he was not elected to participate in the shops again. In 1538 consisted of the Council Chair 21 People, 1629 There were 18 People, 1742 war er [...]
The two crenellated towers symbolize the fortified city and the status of the community. The Rautenschildchen refers to the town founder, Duke Ludwig II. (City status 1273) and the Wittelsbach rule city. A New Town Seal is the first time 1309 mentioned. Figuratively, it has been handed down in impressions 1334 with two square, down with a bar attached crenellated towers, between which hangs the sign of the Wittelsbach. That the oldest seal, the name of “Saeligenstadt” bear, be in their late emergence 13. Century close, because later it was the common name of New Town.
Ellingen a city in Middle Franconia, Roman home of the well-known “German-Order-Coming” and known by the princely residence of Wrede'sch. The Order established here a Scheduled, the 1269 was first documented. During the Middle Ages Ellingen is the seat of the Bailiwick Landkomturei francs. 1377-1378 Charles IV granted. the right of the attachment, but stopped on the opposition withdrew from White Castle.