Posts Tagged ‘ Klettenberg ’

Contributions to the history of the city and district of Nordhausen

Of interest to local historians and genealogists in the Harz region is the newly released tape 34 the history- and Classical Association, Municipal Archives and tobacco store Nordhausen. The book can be ordered from the museum store tobacco, Baker Street 19 in 99734 Nordhausen. It was released by the publisher Neukirchner (ISBN: 978-3-929767-74-0) with subsequent contributions:



Ellrich a town in the Harz and its history

On the southern edge of the lower resin, im Tal der Zorge, is beautifully embedded in the landscape of the city Ellrich. The settlement was founded in 876 the first time as “Alarici” mentioned and currently has about 4.000 Population. Since 1869 There is a train connection to Nordhausen and Northeim. Over the centuries, Ellrich was one of several counties and was 1286 City law. In the 14. and 16. Century was the site of a cut point for trading on the resin. Under the rule of the Counts Hohnsteiner the city received 1332 the right of coinage. Bis  [...]