The presentation of the history of the monastery was at the instigation of Baron Friedrich von der Leyen-Bloemersheim. He was also undertook the design changes and so the buildings saved from destruction. In this way, a lot of memories, the former to the monastery and its former owner remembered, will receive.
Besides the detailed description of the historical events since the foundation of the monastery, the geographic extent, a genealogy, Description of the donations and privileges, is particularly the list of champions, Nuns, Priors and priests of the monastery (versehen mit Kurzbeschreibungen und zum Teil Geburts- und Sterbedaten) genealogisch bedeutsam.
Verlag Klein in Krefeld 1866, Verfasser Keussen Hermann