Documents and evidence on the history of the Order of the Swan

The expansion of its statutes, the Order received at 15. August 1443. The purpose of the Order was, against “Demoralization” influence of the Brandenburg nobility and to teach them the fear of God and honesty, particularly members feud- and curb rowdiness. Membership of women was also allowed. The meeting point of the rapidly unfolding Order was the house of God on the Harlungerberg at Altbrandenburg.

From the contents:

With the Roster of the fifties of the 15. Century, of 1464 and 1465, Foundation letters of Margrave Albrecht, A list of members of South German tongue (Seelbuch) the accounts of the Company, Acquisitions of the Order. By Siegfried Haenle, Ansbach 1876 (Online version of the BSB Munich)

Comments are closed.