In which 1250 Pomeranian closed with the Treaty of Landin had the Brandenburg margrave Johann I. und Otto III. possession of “Catfish-Finow country” get confirmed. Under the government of both Marquis is also the foundation of the Cistercian monastery of Chorin-Mariensee years 1258. The Foundation has hardly been a cause for the division of the cord under the Ottonian line and Johan niche. The old burial ground of Ascanians, the Lehnin, remained in the Ottonian line, while Johann Markgraf for himself and his descendants Mariensee-Chorin for certain cemetery.
The Ueckermünde is first in a deed of 1223 mentioned. The German name proves, that the Germans were here at that time the men. The foundation of the town stretches back into the Wendish time. As early as 1178 a Diet was held. It was here, namely the outer ward of the district Rochow, in turn settled with protection. When, in the second half of the 12. Century the Pomeranian Dukes German into the country called, wählten diese auch hier ihren Wohnsitz und es wurde aus [...]
Chronicle of the city and the principality of Blankenburg, the County of Regenstein and monasteries, and Michael Stone WalkenriedOf admin | 17. June 2010 | Category: Digital Library, History, Heimatliteratur, Local History | Comments Off
From the contents: The original inhabitants of this region, The Hermann Battle, Traces of Doringer, Counts of Regenstein, Description Harzgau, Duke Henry of Saxony, Count Hans von Blankenburg, Death of the Emperor Henry III., the cabins- and mining in Harzgau, genealogical table of the counts of Blankenburg. History of the Count of Regenstein and Albert Dietrich of Wernigerode, the century of raids, Genealogy of the Earls of Reinstein, and the peasant wars in the resin.
With essays on the history and prehistory of Pomerania, Biographical, Culture- and Art History, Family history, Landscapes, Folklore…
Of interest to local historians and genealogists in the Harz region is the newly released tape 34 the history- and Classical Association, Municipal Archives and tobacco store Nordhausen. The book can be ordered from the museum store tobacco, Baker Street 19 in 99734 Nordhausen. It was released by the publisher Neukirchner (ISBN: 978-3-929767-74-0) with subsequent contributions: