Posts Tagged ‘ Wendisch-Rambow ’

Wendisch Rambow Rambow and in Mecklenburg-bath small village office

In a document dated 7.10.1325 Henry II granted Prince. his consent, that sold by Herman Rambow Rambow one hide to Wismar on the Holy Spirit House. A legally binding copy of it from the year 1350 is present in the book privileges. The wording of the document is also published in the Mecklenburg deed book (MUB) VII, No.. 4656. Before 1357 seems to be the property of the family in Rambow and Stieten to reach the city of Wismar be.



Slavic period and Wendisch Rambow

In the early medieval migrations left the Germanic tribes and the settlement area between Lower Elbe, Saale and Oder largely. Invaded by these 600 Slavs from the territory east of the Oder one. The West Slavs (“Turn”) were in the West Mecklenburg Obotrites (or Abotriten) and east of Mecklenburg and Pomerania in the Wilzen or Liutizi. Characteristic of the Slav settlements were castles seats as rulers and political centers. Originally they were built on hilltops, created later with ramparts in areas with poor access to lakes and rivers. The seat[...]