Wolfenbüttel is located south of the village Neindorf. At the earliest times it was called Nienthorpe, later Neyentorpe, Neuendorff, Newendorff, etc.. The time of its formation is probably very far back, at least in the pre-Christian era. The first historical information is from the year 826. At this time gives a count Thuring his goods to the monastery “Corvey”. In 1281 gives Duke Henry the monastery Marienburg on the Advokatie Niendorpe and other localities, who had previously owned a fief of the Counts of Blankenburg and Messrs. von Alvensleben.
Posts Tagged ‘ Remmlingen ’
admin | June 17th, 2010 | Category: Adels-Historie, Digital Library, Genealogies, Local History | Comments Off