The resin Society for History and Archaeology was 1868 Founded in Wernigerode, among others, Edward Jacobs and George Bode. 1877 took over the Wolfenbüttel library director Otto Heinemann for twenty years presided. A longtime former chairman was Judge Walther Large. Took place after the dissolution of the association after the Second World War in the West Zone which was re-established, while it was in the Soviet zone of occupation, no new. Nach der Wiedervereinigung konnte der bis dahin in Braunschweig ansässige Verein auch wieder in den neuen Bundesländern aktiv werden. [...]
Posts Tagged ‘ Local History ’
As an imperial village was under Rüdigsdorf to 1436 not the Gaugericht, but the judgment of the Holy Empire chair Nordhausen. Every year we had around Whitsun from each plow a load of bricks (Inch pieces) to provide for the construction of the walls to Nordhausen.
The kingdom of villages took to the imperial city no customs duties are payable. The last boundary stone between Rüdigsdorf and Nordhausen was called "the poor sinner Stone", because the criminals were exchanged between him and Count City.
Is to report to Krimderode, Village and manor were old feudal kingdom. It also stood up under 1436 the kingdom of mayor to Nordhausen, to which it annually ¼ M and silver 4 Wood had to deliver shock wave.
1436 It was purchased by the Knights of Bula. The Count Stolberg could then borrow against with Krimderode. Vassals of Stolberg, the "from Bendeleben, von Berlepsch and Wurmb ". The Good, the police had, the Civil Jurisdiction and cringe-inducing in place. 1759 The last execution took place here. 1850 was the jurisdiction of the goods removed. 1839 the manor was owned by replacing the suzerainty of Stolberg.
One of our ancestors (Johann Königerodt, actually Liesegang) had gone by after Königerode Appenode (R. Liesegang, alias Königerod) them those names. He was 1645 Aedituus (Sexton, Kirchner, Church father, Ringer, Mesner) on women's mountain at Nordhausen; thereon 1657 Peter on mountains, He woselbst 1682 in an age of 73 Years, died of the plague. Appenrode was before the war Flegler only an insignificant little village, that was already the parish may. But 1412 Flegler all the small villages in the county (about 15 in number) taught to reason, [...]
Meinen Großvater Willi Behrens * 20.8.1905, habe ich als großen, sehr starken und (für meine Begriffe) unglaublich charismatischen Mann in Erinnerung. Er war fleißig unbestritten, klug, mutig und streng.
From 27.12.1939 setzte ihn Otto Wenzel, Inhaber einer Holzhandlung in Halle und spezialisiert auf Reichsbahn-Schwellen als Verwalter auf seinen Besitz Berkau ein. (Die komplette Buchhaltung mit allen Quittungen und Briefen aus dieser Zeit ist erhalten geblieben)
Dessen Gemahlin Ursula, wurde die Patin der jüngsten Tochter Gerda. Otto Wenzel schickte ihn am 20.2.1941 nach Loccum (Kreis Nienburg) um dort einen größeren Auftrag auszuführen. Dabei ging es um die Aufarbeitung von Kiefern Langholz.
In the early medieval migrations left the Germanic tribes and the settlement area between Lower Elbe, Saale and Oder largely. Invaded by these 600 Slavs from the territory east of the Oder one. The West Slavs (“Turn”) were in the West Mecklenburg Obotrites (or Abotriten) and east of Mecklenburg and Pomerania in the Wilzen or Liutizi. Characteristic of the Slav settlements were castles seats as rulers and political centers. Originally they were built on hilltops, created later with ramparts in areas with poor access to lakes and rivers. The seat[...]