Posts Tagged ‘ Königsberg ’

The records of the Albertus University of Königsberg

Albertus-Univ

The matriculation certificate and the Albertina University in Königsberg: The first volume covers the years 1544 to 1656, the second – 1657-1829, the third contains the list of names and places, from which the students came.



History of middle-class family of Wilkins 1620 to 1905

Wappen-Wilkins1

The name of the bourgeois family Wilkins has a history. This family was in 17. Wilke century documentary. This style of writing you first met in the church records of ev. St. St. John's church in Memel. In the middle of 17. Century and in the 18. Century is also the spelling Wilcke, Wielke, Wilck. The Latinized form of the surname Wilke was Wilkius, also Wilckius.



By Michael Rembow – Ritter Ordens of merit for

Born Michael of Rembow-Sabinski 1740, Mr. Kirschnehnen on the circle Fischhausen, was on 3.3.1754 in the garrison Regiment von Manteuffel No.. 11 occurred. He was of 1756-1762 during the campaign and the siege of Schweidnitz, the campaign in Pomerania, Battles at wholesale Jägerndorf here. After capture, he came 1763 back to the regiment.



CVs of funeral sermons

Leichenpredigten-Handwerker

CVs of funeral sermons give some valuable insight into the former lives of the different classes, especially in cultural terms. For artisans and merchants, they tell us, how and where they obtained their training, began teaching at what age. These CVs are also a clear mirror for the purchase of Wanderlust- and journeymen, and the academic youth. Despite extremely difficult market conditions, they crossed the kingdom, and often the whole of Europe. Some have found far from the family home, a new home. Also on trade relations we get from funeral sermons[...]



Archbishop Ludwig Ernst Borowski of

At the 17. June 1740 Ludwig Ernst Borowski is the son of Andreas Ernst Hofglöckners Borowski was born in Königsberg. Among his mentors are the captain of Kunheim (Regimental commander von Thadden) Baron von Loeben and the General Field Marshal von Roder. His father owned a paint factory in the old town, in the 1738 the position of a Hofglöckners at the Castle Church took over. Ernst Ludwig and his brother Georg Heinrich (Professor of Natural Sciences in Frankfurt on the Oder +1801) visited the vaunted Friedrichskollegium (then still with pietistic orientation) 15 Borowski was years old, as he left to enroll at the University of Konigsberg.