Posts Tagged ‘ Mrs. Hill Church ’

Ellrich a town in the Harz and its history

On the southern edge of the lower resin, im Tal der Zorge, is beautifully embedded in the landscape of the city Ellrich. The settlement was founded in 876 the first time as “Alarici” mentioned and currently has about 4.000 Population. Since 1869 There is a train connection to Nordhausen and Northeim. Over the centuries, Ellrich was one of several counties and was 1286 City law. In the 14. and 16. Century was the site of a cut point for trading on the resin. Under the rule of the Counts Hohnsteiner the city received 1332 the right of coinage. Bis  [...]