The history of the town and the high school Jülich

The history of Jülich, in particular, the former high school is 1890 been started. Whereas in 1. Part of the history of the city and its city charter is treated excerpts, bring the 2. and 3. Part of the continuous history of the city and also for the history of the school.

The coherent presentation begins around the middle of 16. Century, where the glorious Duke Wilhelm V. build the fortress and the castle was and from where at the same time after the great fire 26. More 1547 the city of the ducal architect Alessandro Pasqualini new “measured” In the course of this work was created the citadel and the city walls and the foundations of the Stadplanes, which exists today. At that time the city was regarded as Europe's most modern mounting.

This was followed 1569 the relocation of the post of Nideggen to Jülich and 1571 the founding of the school Particular. After the extinction of the royal house of Duke Johann Wilhelm at 25. March 1609 make several German princes, particularly Saxony, Brandenburg and Neuburg, claims on his estate claims. This dispute is known as the Jülich-Kleve succession dispute and lasts from 1609 to 1614 We read of the sieges 1610 and 1622, from Spanish rule in the city 1622-1660 and the 30-year war. The city belongs to the Duchy after Neuburg, then Kurpfalz (1685) and Bavaria (1777)

We learn details of the wars of Louis XIV. and the Silesian wars until the capture of the city and take possession of the land by the French army 1794, as well as the year 1815 was incorporated as the Jülich-Bergisch land with its sister country Prussia.

The privileges of the city:

The oldest privilege by the Duke of Jülich Reinald 1416, is in multiple copies in the archive (Fret 32) least in the 1763 landscaped stockbook the city include.

Those:

Kuhl, Joseph: History of Jülich in particular the former school to Julich, Fisherman 1891-1897
(With the genealogy of the Earls and Dukes of Jülich, and excerpts from the book privileges the city)

1. Part: 1571-1664
2. Part: 1660-1742
3. Part: 1742-1815
4. Part: The monasteries

Comments are closed.