The family von KeyserlingkOf admin | 6. July 2010 | Category: Adels-Historie, Digital Library, Genealogies | Comments Off
The Keyserlingk originally from Westphalia. The earliest known record of a knight John of Keselinck is dated from the year 1226, a second from a nobleman Keserlingk the year 1346. A knight Hermann emigrated from Keselingk loud document of the year 1492 to Livonia from, where the sex was home to several centuries. Since the year 1560 they call themselves Baron von Keyserlingk.
The spelling of the name has changed over time and at the junction of the sex multiple times (Emperor Ling, Kaiserlingk) up on a family day today writing was regarded as passed. The original coat of arms of a green palm tree in silver shields. Than the current line at the New Town 8. February 1777 was elevated to the Prussian count as, imparted to the Count's heraldic emblem designed in rich way of. The original palm tree has indeed maintained, but he has doubled. The shield itself is in 4 Fields divided, 2 silver with green palm tree, the other two with red and dark green traversing beam. In the middle of the whole of the Prussian eagle, over the same coronet.
The Neustadt line since 2. June 1904 been awarded the hereditary right to sit and vote in the Upper House. The generation of those enjoyed Keyserlingk already in the collection the title of Count of the highest favor and respect. A trusted family tree but there is only since 1669 with the Lord Chamberlain Baron Hermann Friedrich von Keyserling, in Courland on the Old- and New-octene was resident, married Szöge von Manteuffel. Come from him 3 Children, of whom the eldest son of Johann Gebhard by buying his brother, Count Truchsess-Waldenburg, came into the possession of the government diamond castle in East Prussia.
Johann Gebhard was 1744 by Frederick the Great raised in the Prussian nobility. Here Germany's famous philosopher Immanuel Kant was in the years 1750 to 1755 the tutor. The now widowed countess married in 1763 a second time and again even a Count Heinrich Christian von Keyserling-octene. The Keyserlingk diamond castle were in 1854 Seat and a vote in the Prussian mansion.
The 3. Child of Baron Hermann Friedrich was first married to the Baron von Buchholtz, Owner of starosty Graudenz; married his second wife, the lieutenant-general of the Goltz-Klausdorf. The second son Otto Ernst Keyserlingk, Owner of the goods at Leistenau Marienwerder, he had bought from Count Doenhoff, and Lunau in circles Kulm and the estate village Borken, held the dignity of a Polish Chamberlain and Upper Hunter Champion at the Gdansk area. In recognition of his services he was Frederick the Great 1777 elevated to the rank of count. He was married to a sister of the English Consul in Danzig Alexander Gibsone. Son Alexander Otto Heinrich Dietrich von Keyserling left two daughters, of which the younger Emma with General Gustav von Below, the earlier Clementine Sophie Amalie married with her cousin just named… More to the genealogies, see in the database.
Schultz, Franz: History of circles Neustadt and Puck, Danzig: Danziger Allgemeine Zeitung 1907
Stavenhagen, Oscar: Genealogical Handbook of Kurzeme Knighthood, Part 3,1: Kurland
Stackelberg, Otto Magnus von: Genealogical Handbook of Estonian knighthood, Part 2, 3: Estonia
Impale, Max: Armorial of Westphalian nobility, with drawings by Professor Ad. M. Hildebrandt, 2. Band, Goerlitz 1901 – 1903. Keyserlingk, H. A. J. of: Pedigrees, Messages and documents of the tribe which Keyserlingk, Berlin: Sittenfeld, 1853