The Kolberger Kotbuch the year 1473

When the Kolberger salt plant has been built, we do not know. Its beginnings are lost in the medieval period and beyond in the prehistoric period. The first customer is in 1000 by Thietmar of Merseburg (+1018) of the bishop as Reinbern “salsae Cholbergiensis” designated. Even then so Kolberg was an important city. The name Kolberg is brought in connection with salt. The proponents of the Wendish and German derivation agree, that the city owes its name to the salt production. The rulers of Pomerania were the original owners of the natural resources Kolberger. They realized early on their value, because the salt goods remained unaffected by the multiple inheritances. They received a particular interest, usually in Natura.

The Hanseatic, in which it is to 1610 was, Kolberg was certainly before its first mention 1361 an. In the heyday of the city were the salt production, the salt trade and fishing the main industry in Kolberg and brought great prosperity. Since the beginning of the 14. Kolberg century had its own mint money, the 1548 by Emperor Charles V. was confirmed.

On the lawn at Zille mountains flowed three salt springs, as the salt mountains. Numerous built of planks and mud huts “Kote” called, lay around. The words “As” which is still held in the middle of the last century for a part of the Celtic language vocabulary, stammt aus der deutschen Sprachwurzel wie die Worte “Kate” and “Kossat”. The name of each, were often through purchase and sale, or by way of inheritance changing owners registered in a special book, the one on the right object as “Kotbuch” designated….

Those:

Sandow, Erich: The Kolberger Korbuch of 1473, Hall: Buchdruckerei the Halle News 1940 (Download)

Comments are closed.