The municipality and the Stone Mill Valley BettlershaynerBy admin | July 24th, 2009 | Category: Local History | Comments Off
One of our ancestors (Johann Königerodt, actually Liesegang) had gone by after Königerode Appenode (R. Liesegang, alias Königerod) them those names. He was 1645 Aedituus (Sexton, Kirchner, Church father, Ringer, Mesner) on women's mountain at Nordhausen; thereon 1657 Peter on mountains, He woselbst 1682 in an age of 73 Years, died of the plague.
But 1412 Flegler all the small villages in the county (about 15 in number) taught to reason, fled from the Bettlershayn and many of Königerode here. The former still exist as a separate municipality in Appenrode; of the latter, but found only the trace in the earliest church records, in which more than once is: “R. Liesegang Königerod alias”.
The latter did not lead to their possessions with Appenrode, but Count Dietrich of the Seventh Hohnstein this village in the Abbot Frederick Ilfeld bequeathed to a Seelengeräthe gratitude, because it had taken in the same storm the castle Hohnstein and put in a position, the Marquis Frederick the Warlike to go to Meissen and to seek help Allda. Therefore, most of the kings went to harvester Ilfeld.
The Bettlershayner but brought all their possessions and with righteousness to Appenrode. Your old village, now “Hagen” called, in some 20 Heirs divided,, whose names are almost all names in the church as Damilien book yet, Also some of the same to continue for a really. It is strange the way, that of the village is nothing too Bettlershayn, e.g.. Walls u. has received similar, than the former community-lime, now only a split, But green-producing strain, under which the former has gathered together from time to time in the summer for a few days Kommun. (Königerode former Vorwerk)
From Bettlershayn Königerode and even not even a stone testifies, But the linden blossoms and flourishes to this day in sublime grandeur. And who Stone Mill Valley knows, can imagine, as it might have looked like centuries ago, there – Hayner and why the hang up now so at their plaice.
Those: Churches, Parish and school history of the county Hohnstein (Leopold Chronik) in. J. Ludwig Guenther Leopold, 1817, and Ilfelder Regesten. Copies are available and some more background to the Fleglern.
It was weird and wild fist right time throughout the German Reich. The knights and nobles had been more than a malicious and seditious rioting as agricultural, It was no wonder, although the people here and there got lust, such examples to follow.
As gathered around the year 1412 an impromptu Knights, Friedrich von Heldrungen, a great bunch of common people, Peasantry, Forest people, and other. from the resin parts, and went about with axes and flails, Pitchforks and Schürbäumen, and wanted liberation from all encumbrances, Community property and Herrenlosigkeit.
This gang moved around the country with fire and sword, plundering and robbing, and their actions was, in the words of an old poem of them: “rage as mad dog “Common! common!” they shouted at all hour.
They were called Flegler, and they called themselves so, because their main weapon was a flail. They broke the stronghold Hohnstein * began a count, while the other fled in his shirt, and was provided by the abbot of the monastery Ilefeld with clothes and a horse, which is now sought and found help in Thuringia.
Fared badly then the Fleglern: many, not killed in combat, were flogged to death, coupled together in pairs or to, such as hunting dogs.
Even the captain of this gang unchivalrous, Friedrich von Heldrungen, lost his life 1413 This feud, a resin Koehler killed him; his property fell to Count Heinrich von Hohenstein, he expelled from his castle. *) See the Story Circle of the counties Hohnstein, Stolberg and Kirchberg. (TSS III S. 80-82) Those: Uni Hamburg